Are you a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or very near to being qualified), looking to make a bigger impact? Or just tired of the long commute and wanting to work more locally?
Our client is an independent Chartered Accountant and Tax Adviser Practice, who has been dealing with local sole trader, partnership and small to medium sized limited companies for over 4 decades. They cover all areas of accounting, business and tax advice, and specialise in owner managed businesses. They have 2 Practice Offices locally, with this role being based in their Lingfield office joining a team of 8. Your own transport is preferable for this location.
The ideal candidate will be currently working in an Accountancy practice, be secure in Cloud based accounting software, be confident managing clients and enjoy the fast pace that comes with a successful practice.
- Basic starting salary circa 40k doe
- 22 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Company pension contribution
- Free car parking
- Continued professional development supported
- Flexible working patterns discussed post probation
Your role will include
- Manage a portfolio of clients
- Preparation of statutory financial statements under FRS102 and FRS105
- Preparation of sole trader/partnership accounts
- Deal with complex taxation areas
- Preparing of corporation tax computations and returns
- Preparing of individual self-assessment tax returns
- Dealing with HMRC
- Advising on client’s queries.
Qualified Accountant Essentials:
- ACA or ACCA qualified (near completion will also be considered)
- Relevant PQE
- All-round accounts and tax experience
- Limited company accounts preparation
- Personal self-assessment tax return
- Corporation tax return
- Strong knowledge of Cloud based accounting packages
- Ideally QuickBooks, Sage, Xero, Iris, CCH Central
- Ability to hit the ground running and deal with a fast paced, varied environment
- Driving licence / own transport required