Seeking an ambitious Head of Operations and Supply Chain to help take this Company forward to the next level of growth. Being part of the Senior Management and leading a team of 6 you will manage the day-to-day Operations of the Warehouse, Purchasing, Logistics, Stock Management and the in-house Branding production function. Knowledge within Wholesale Distribution, Retail Logistics or the Manufacturing Sector is essential.
They are looking for an experienced ‘sleeves rolled up’ customer centric Operations professional with natural leadership ability, who has proven experience and success working within a high growth SME implementing process and improvement across supply chain and the customer journey. You will have a strong commercial mindset and be adept on areas such as quality assurance and compliance.
- Basic salary to 45k doe per annum
- Company Bonus
- Parking onsite
- Location: Situated just outside Ipswich
- Working Monday to Friday you will spend your time between the Head Office and the onsite Warehouse.
Areas of focus for the Head of Operations and Supply Chain:
Purchasing activities: Management of purchasing resource; ensuring that stock is managed at an optimum level to support cash flow at the same time as providing required availability for customer order fulfilment.
Warehousing activities: Management of Warehouse Team; ensuring that flow of stock is managed well, minimising stock held, maximising volume opportunities and outbound deliveries to customers.
Logistics activities: Management of Logistics activities and providers to ensure that customers have their orders delivered in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner. Ensure that orders are delivered on time, in full.
Management Team: A key member of the Senior Management, the Head of Operations and Supply Chain will play a key role in defining and delivering improvement and process initiatives, as well as delivering optimum results for both the inbound and outbound sectors of the Supply Chain.
Customer Service is paramount, and the ethos of the Company is focussed on this area; a proactive participation in its delivery will be both an essential skill and a required passion.
Essential Skills for the role of Head of Operations and Supply Chain:
- Previous experience in a similar Operations & Supply Chain position
- Knowledge of the Wholesale Distribution, Retail or Manufacturing Sector is essential
- Previously managed a team within a similar environment
- Have a strong understanding of warehousing and distribution systems and processes
- Understand Lean principles with the ability to organise accordingly
- Natural problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Detail focused, experienced at monitoring performance, and thinking analytically
- Commercially and financially astute
- Able to build trusted relationships with the key stakeholders and staff
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to pick up new software / work with an ERP system
- Driving licence and own transport