Head of Production - join a growing independent brand in the Ready to Eat Food Sector. Leading a team of 16 you will manage the day to day Operations for this busy Production Kitchen based in South West London. This is a fast-paced environment, they are looking for an experienced ‘sleeves rolled up’ Production Lead with a commercial mindset and proven leadership experience who understands the Ready to Eat Market Industry to help take the Company forward to the next level.
Reporting into the MD and leading the entire Production Unit Operations, you will be working with the business leaders, distribution team, suppliers, operations, finance, HR and store manager teams to ensure targets are met in accordance with company goals and policies.
Upon joining a key focus of this role will be managing the acquisition, fit out and set up of a new Production Facility. Whilst this is a 7 day a week operation, this role could be Monday to Friday.
- Basic 50k per annum
- 20 days holidays + BH
Location: South West London SW6
Key responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for all aspects of H&S, compliance, audits
- Be responsible for the kitchen commercials, driving steep growth
- Organise, implement and monitor all production systems and processes (HACCP)
- Organise workflow to ensure that the production is cost effective
- Set the quality standards and ensure output meets internal quality
- Implement a quality control programme
- Manage and train a production team of up to 20 people (4 Supervisors)
- Stay relevant in food trends and work closely with the business to develop competitive and appealing new product ranges that reflect our standards of fresh, high quality and delicious “restaurant quality” RTE and ready meals.
- Strong restaurant and/or food production background as well as proven experience in a food production operation - Ideally within the manufacture of RTE foods, Ready Meals and Sandwiches/Salads)
- Extensive technical knowledge of HACCP, COSHH, H&S, Compliance, Audits
- Proven leadership success in related environment, leading a team of 15+
- A commercial mindset: analytical, data driven and always looking for efficiencies
- Creative ability to contribute to new product launches, work with MD and Founder
- Passionate about the Ready to Eat Market, keeping up to date with latest trends
- An outstanding communicator
- Natural problem solver who embraces change and inspires the team
- Proficient in MS Office