Top reasons to work as Logistics Supervisor for this client:
- Basic salary to £30k
- Incentive Scheme – based on Logistic savings, spending efficiencies made
- Genuine career opportunity to develop commercially and personally
- Monday to Friday 8am-6pm
- Pension, 21 days holiday, parking on site
- Ambitious, agile & team orientated SME culture developed over 30 years of trading
- Engaged, positive & fun staffed Warehouse in Crawley
Core responsibilities will typically include:
- Design and implement the company’s logistics’ strategy.
- Work with Warehouse, Stock and Despatch to determine optimal logistics’ systems
- Accountable for the overall logistics spend.
- Manage logistics operations to ensure despatch via optimum channels and routes
- Meet logistics partners to review their performance, spend and drive improvements
- Manage booking of any third-party couriers as required
- Hold logistics partners accountable to service level agreements and manage any claims
- Optimise the despatch / goods loading area, to deliver continuous efficiencies
Expected Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience within an integral department (Transport, Logistics, Warehouse, Couriers, Despatch) with a strong understanding of the other interrelated departments.
- Real appetite to forge and implement the company’s logistics’ strategy.
- Confidence and capability to reform weaknesses and identify and capitalise on opportunities.
- Proficient in systems (MS Office, logistics software), numerate with solid logical reasoning.
- Positive, motivated, self-starter with excellent time and task management skills.
- Effective communicator.